JMSNews
The J. Michael Straczynski Message Archive

 

JMSNews provides an archive of messages posted
by J. Michael Straczynski (JMS).

  Home      Community Forums      Contest      Links      FAQ      About JMS     

RSS Feed  

 Search all Messages

   Sort by: 

This field searches the text of all messages in the archive.

 Message
    From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
 Subject: Re: Happy Day Off, Joe!
      To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated  
    Date: 12/28/2001 4:48:00 PM  

Message 1 in thread 

View this message only
 



>Just think, you'll get another one in a week and then you'll be all rested
>and
>charged up for another seven and a half months or so!

Actually, I already broke my usual run of not working Christmas day, and I'll
probably end up working New Years as well to catch up on everything.

I've just turned in Amazing Spider-Man 39, so I'm now fairly well ahead on
that, I'll get the next Rising Stars out in the next few days, I'm halfway into
a new Jeremiah script and the first of the two Polaris scripts for SFC, so by
the time the "break" is over I may actually be either caught up or close to it.

(And since the other message didn't apparently get through...Delicate Creatures
comes out on the 4th.)

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)
    From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
 Subject: Re: Happy Day Off, Joe!
      To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated  
    Date: 12/28/2001 4:48:00 PM  

Message 2 in thread 

View this message only
 



>Just think, you'll get another one in a week and then you'll be all rested
>and
>charged up for another seven and a half months or so!

Actually, I already broke my usual run of not working Christmas day, and I'll
probably end up working New Years as well to catch up on everything.

I've just turned in Amazing Spider-Man 39, so I'm now fairly well ahead on
that, I'll get the next Rising Stars out in the next few days, I'm halfway into
a new Jeremiah script and the first of the two Polaris scripts for SFC, so by
the time the "break" is over I may actually be either caught up or close to it.

(And since the other message didn't apparently get through...Delicate Creatures
comes out on the 4th.)

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)
    From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
 Subject: Re: Happy Day Off, Joe!
      To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated  
    Date: 12/28/2001 7:25:00 PM  

Message 3 in thread 

View this message only
 



>That said, how many of the Jeremiah scripts are yours so far?

Have to do this from memory of titles since the files are up north....

The pilot 2 hour (counts as two episodes)
To Sail Beyond the Stars
Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass
And the Ground Sown with Salt
Firewall
Journeys End in Lovers Meeting
Tripwire (now being written)

So basically 8 hours so far out of 20. I'll do about 3 more after this, for a
total of 11. All but one of the rest are being written by Sam Egan.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)
    From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
 Subject: Re: Happy Day Off, Joe!
      To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated  
    Date: 12/28/2001 7:25:00 PM  

Message 4 in thread 

View this message only
 



>That said, how many of the Jeremiah scripts are yours so far?

Have to do this from memory of titles since the files are up north....

The pilot 2 hour (counts as two episodes)
To Sail Beyond the Stars
Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass
And the Ground Sown with Salt
Firewall
Journeys End in Lovers Meeting
Tripwire (now being written)

So basically 8 hours so far out of 20. I'll do about 3 more after this, for a
total of 11. All but one of the rest are being written by Sam Egan.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)
    From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
 Subject: Re: Happy Day Off, Joe!
      To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated  
    Date: 12/28/2001 7:26:00 PM  

Message 5 in thread 

View this message only
 



>What's this Polaris thing you're talking about? Did someone forget to keep
>me in the loop?

I can't comment on what it is specifically, other than it's another series
project in development for SFC.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)
    From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
 Subject: Re: Happy Day Off, Joe!
      To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated  
    Date: 12/28/2001 7:26:00 PM  

Message 6 in thread 

View this message only
 



>What's this Polaris thing you're talking about? Did someone forget to keep
>me in the loop?

I can't comment on what it is specifically, other than it's another series
project in development for SFC.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)
    From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
 Subject: Re: Happy Day Off, Joe!
      To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated  
    Date: 12/29/2001 6:19:00 PM  

Message 7 in thread 

View this message only
 



>Ah, I do enjoy your titles. Does the pilot have a title the way
>B5:LotR:TLaDIS
>does?

Yeah..."The Long Road," which I picked because a) it's very appropos to the
story, and b) it's a bit of nice closure to the hassle over Crusade.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)

Site © 2008 Midnight Design Productions  -  Message content © 2008 by Synthetic Worlds  -  Privacy Statement